Saturday, September 21, 2013

Great times, Great kiddos!

Hey Everyone!
We had a great week! Back to school night was a great success and our kiddos had fun preparing for it.  I have been a little backed up with all the new things going on at Bacon School so I will keep on the blog next week with all kinds of new stuff.  I hope you liked the video I posted, it was pictures from the first few days of school.  I love doing that kind of stuff with the kids, especially so you can see them in action.
Next week we will have our first reading test!
The test is compiled of our spelling phonics words (recognizing the patterns VC/CV pattern, not spelling them correctly), reading a short passage, answering comprehension questions about the passage, writing a short constructed response to a writing prompt, and vocabulary words from our story, Charlie McButton- bat, fuel, term, battery, blew, plug, vision
          
Here's the story for you to read together!
                  Charlie McButton Lost Power E-Text

The first test will be a little time consuming but they are a great way to prepare our students for the NJASK3 coming in May 2014.
Here is a link to the homework and skills we worked on last week, if you want study help-(click on the picture)
Here is the story on YOUTUBE-



In Math we will be working on our Multiplication Facts, please practice them with your kiddos. There are a ton of free sites with practice games.  So far we know- 3x4, 6x7, 3x8, 3x7, 3x3, 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, 11, 12, and 9 times tables.  We are learning tricks for the tough ones!


Here's a FUN one- (click on the picture)                  



Homework will be a mix of math and reading activities-Remember NO SPELLING TESTS!
ALSO- If you kiddo is struggling with homework, write me a note in their agenda and let me know.  I don't want homework TEARS!!! We have so many other things to worry about in life, homework is important, but I don't want fights or crying over it.  20-25 minutes at max!!!

OCTOBER 4TH IS OUR FIRST FIELD TRIP!!!!
Please look for a permission slip and bring it in ASAP!!! I'll post more later on in the week :)

Hope you have a great weekend! I'll be traveling to soccer games, celebrating my Dad's 66th birthday, and then hopefully sitting on the beach Sunday!!!
As always, thanks for being a huge part of Mrs.Benson's Bunch and supporting me and your kiddos in all we do!

1 comment:

  1. Tell me you read Charlie McButton with your parents and I will give you a COUPON!!!

    ReplyDelete