Monday, November 12, 2012

Harder books to boost reading levels ;)

Hi everyone! Pics of the kiddos coming soon as well as videos.
I wanted to tell you today we celebrated Veterans Day by reading about the origins of the holiday, making cards for Master Chief Young (my Grandpop) and doing some comprehension activities. While we were reading I noticed quite a few readers struggling with third grade words. So, being the teacher type(hahaha) I decided to involve you in some reading this week. The books I assigned are HARDER than usual, I would like for you to read to the kiddos, then help them read or read at the same time. Most words should be read with ease, others may need to be tapped out(like foundations in K-2)
Math today was great! They really are getting place value and regrouping :) love it when Math goes well!!!!
So- we also need Volunteers for the Scholastic Book Fair, and donations of food for the Thanksgiving Day Feast on Thursday.
Our Holiday Projects are due Nov 19th please hand it in on time to present to the class, goodies are welcome!!!
Let me know if you can come in to read.
I am totally looking forward to seeing you all at Conferences :)
WOW that was a lot of info!!! Email me if you need anything and to come in to help or read with us.
As always Thank you for your support and kindness, and can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment