Sunday, September 8, 2013

Opening WEEK :)

Hi Parents!!
Again, welcome to the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year! I am excited to say we are rolling out opening week a little differently this year because we have a new reading series, are following a Model Curriculum, changing up our Pearson Math lessons, and trying new and exciting workbooks to improve our lessons matching with our Model Curriculum and the Common Core Standards.
I will be sending home more info on that as the week goes on.  Like you, I am a parent to three little ones, my oldest is 8 and in third grade so we have a lot in common, and I know sometimes the going gets CRAZY BUSY!!!
The paperwork I will be sending home for you to fill out, UGH-I know, is for me, you, and this blog.  If we all keep up with it we will all be super successful.  I am also sending home a supply list.  Please try to have the items ASAP. A flash drive will be used in 4th and 5th too and will travel up with them.  If you go around to different places you can find great deals. (I went to Staples, Target, and ShopRite for all of my daughters and ones for our class)
Please notice the homework your child is working on, Math and Reading.  ESP Math! We are starting with Multiplication this year. I am asking you to buy or print out from the internet Mulitplication Flash Cards to practice at home.  This needs to be a secure skill by the middle of OCTOBER!!!!
So in Advance, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SUPPORTIVE AND PARTICIPATING IN YOUR CHILD'S EDUCATION!!!
If you have a gmail account or any email please subscribe to MrsBensonsBunchofKiddos!
Let me know if you want to come in and read, help with centers, multiplication practice, or help me grade papers (lol)
Thanks again,
Becky Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment